Male Infertility: Causes and Treatment
Causes of Male InfertilityThere are a wide variety of causes that can lead to male infertility, such as:
- There may be a problem with the testicles. That can be abnormal growth or damage that would have happened because of certain kinds of infections or other traumas.
- Hormones can be one of the significant factors that can lead to male infertility. There can be problems with the testosterone level or with the thyroid hormone.
- There can be problems with ejaculation that can be because of blocked tubes that transport sperm or because of genital infections.
- Chromosomal disorders are also a significant factor.
- Excessive use of medications, alcohol drugs, steroids for building the body can also lead to infertility in males.
- Malnourished bodies and other diseases can also affect the fertility process.
TreatmentYou can never find an exact cause of infidelity, and even if it is not clear, your doctors might suggest for your partner to get it tested as well, and after that, Doctors might recommend you with few treatments that can lead to conception. Treatments for male infertility include:
- If a male has infections, consumption of antibiotics is one of the cures that can cure the reproductive tract infection. Still, it is not always helpful in restoring fertility.
- Surgery is another treatment in which vas deferens is repaired. In some cases, males do not have any sperm; in that case, through surgery, Surgeons can retrieve sperm into testicles.
- With medication and counseling, fertility can be improved in certain conditions if males are facing erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
- In the case of the low level of hormones, doctors tend to treat that with medications to increase the number of hormones required by the body.
- The next treatment which is the most used one is the ART treatment (Assisted Reproductive Technology). In this treatment, sperm is taken through either normal ejaculation or surgery, and it is inserted into the female reproductive tract.
Natural Ways for Increasing Male FertilityFor some people, treatment can't be affordable, so you can take a few steps at home in the most natural ways that can increase the chances of getting pregnant.
- It is advised to keep having sexual intercourse regularly, especially five days before ovulation, as it increases pregnancy chances.
- You can make your partner pregnant, most likely at the time when ovulation is happening, which is in the middle of the menstrual cycle. In this way, it is possible to get fertilized when conception is possible as sperm can live in the vagina for several days.
- Avoid using lubricants that a doctor does not recommend as they can affect the functioning of sperm and its movement.
- Change your lifestyle and start eating healthy. Add green vegetables to your diet, maintain a proper weight, do not get unnecessarily stressed, have the right amount of sleep, and most importantly, exercise regularly. Because you never know, a slight change in your lifestyle can do wonders.
- Let go of all the bad habits such as consuming alcohol, smoking cigarettes, and other sorts of drugs as they can adversely affect your health and fertility.
- For keeping yourself refreshed, take on yoga meditation or massage therapy.
- Counseling can make a huge difference in managing stress and venting out whatever is happening with you.
- If you don't feel like talking to a counselor, then you can share your feelings with your partner, friends, or confidante. Talk to them about your emotional turmoil, anger, and sadness; let it all out.